Taxes The Season is Here !
Keep your personal information safe this tax season by doing a Free scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition
We want to remind everyone that tax season is the time of increased attacks in the forms of spyware, various methods of phishing , and scams. Spyware and Malware authors significantly increase their activity during the tax season in order to try to steal data and withdraw money from bank accounts, steal credit cards, passwords, and other malicious acts.
Watch out for Identity Stealing Spyware!
During this tax season its important to do a few things to help protect yourself online:
1) Make sure your Operating System and software applications such as web browsers and email clients are up to date.
2) Run a Complete Scan with SUPERAntiSpyware regularly with the latest updates, at least twice a week during this period of increased activity.
3) Be cautious before visiting strange websites, or opening strange email attachments. Think before you click!
4) Manually erase, or use privacy software, to delete sensitive data from you PC. Spyware cannot steal what isn’t there!
5) Lookout for spam phishing email impersonating government, bank, or tax company officials asking for sensitive information.
Do you have any security recommendations that help you stay safe during the tax season? Feel free to leave a comment below!